The Climate-Energy-Atlas provides interactive maps of energy production, energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in the FrankfurtRhineMain area. The data is taken from the municipal energy profiles.
The following data can be retrieved for each municipality and county in the Climate-Energy-Atlas:
- the entire renewable energy production or only individual sub-sectors (e.g. electricity, heat),
- energy consumption as total consumption and as consumption broken down by sector,
- the balance between local, renewable energy production and consumption,
- greenhouse gas emissions,
- the locations of power plants and renewable energy production including further information such as installed capacity. Single plants can be selected via filters and displayed individually. Both fossil power plants and renewable energy plants, such as hydroelectric power plants or biogas plants, can be called up.
The atlas also contains information on the activities of the member municipalities of the Regional Authority FrankfurtRheinMain regarding energy consulting and climate protection.