The cultural landscape cadastre
The cultural landscape cadastre consists of three components
Buildings such as the Frankfurt Cathedral, the Ronneburg or green spaces such as the Kurpark Bad Homburg.
- Ground monuments
Archaeological monuments such as barrows, medieval land defences, the UNESCO World Heritage Limes. The data on architectural monuments and ground monuments are provided by the monument protection authorities.
- Cultural and historical landscape elements
The Regional Authority FrankfurtRheinMain itself collects the data on the cultural and historical landscape elements. Currently, the cultural landscape cadastre comprises a total of almost 7.000 architectural monuments, ground monuments and cultural and historical landscape elements.
Legend of the cultural landscape cadastre
- Cultural and historical landscape elements as coloured areas, lines and symbols
- Monuments as areas, lines and points in pink
- Soil monuments as areas, lines and points in orange. The location of particularly sensitive ground monuments endangered by looters should not be made public. Therefore, only a selection is shown in the cultural landscape cadastre.
- Various background maps such as historical maps or aerial photographs